Share a Taxi
Why Share a Taxi?
To find out more, please make your selection from the options available in the menu.
- Cheaper travel costs by sharing a taxi.
- No parking costs. For businesses, it frees up valuable car parking spaces.
- No depreciation on your private vehicle.
- Shorter peak hour travel time through access to bus lanes. Bus lanes can be used by taxis where private vehicles cannot.
- Arrive feeling relaxed.
- Reduced pollution and congestion.
- Guaranteed ride home. Travelers, who might consider private car pooling, often fear that they may be stranded if their driver becomes unexpectedly unavailable. For example, a driver may have to stay late for an unplanned meeting or leave early to take care of a sick child.
- No insurance issues.
Pooling Types - Using Taxis
- Work Pooling where you and your party travel comfortably and economically to and from your places of work.
- School Pooling This feature gives parents the ability to reduce the costs involved in taking the kids to and from school.
- Destination Pooling Where people that regularly commute to the same or near by destinations (shopping centres, the football, hospitals, etc.) can get together to save costs.
Hand Hints & Tips
To make pooling easy using taxis, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Determine a route and schedule. Establish the morning pickup point(s) and designate a place(s) to meet for the trip home.
- Be punctual, decide as a group how long the pool will wait for a passenger.
- Establish a cost sharing arrangement.
- Establish some ground rules.
- Set up a line of communication. If a passenger is ill, or will not be going to work one day, include an alternate passenger.
- Don't forget to give notice of vacation, personal or overtime plans.
- Avoid side trips on the way home unless agreed to prior to the day. If it is for commuting to and from work, save your trips to the grocery store for the weekend. Or, you may choose not to car pool on the days you must run an errand.
- Give your pool some time to work. It usually takes a few weeks to arrange everyone's routine into a harmonious pattern. Most poolers discover they really enjoy the company of their fellow poolers and find it a benefit they had not anticipated.